Estate Planning & Elder Law Attorneys in Maine
At Jackson & MacNichol, we are committed to protecting the rights of seniors and helping them develop a plan that will bring serenity and prosperity to their later years. We are always just one phone call away.
What our Maine elder law lawyers can do
The estate planning process is essential for seniors. Even if you don’t have many assets, establishing an estate plan can ensure that when you pass, your family won’t be burdened with a complex legal situation. For seniors, the estate planning process can involve many different subjects, including:
- Writing and executing a will
- Creating a trust
- Planning the succession of your business
- Ensuring your property stays in the family
- Managing your healthcare and end-of-life care decisions
- Planning your medicaid and MaineCare
- Optimizing your social security and disability benefits
- Choosing beneficiaries of your retirement accounts and life insurance policy
- Dealing with problems with an assisted living residence
- Fighting back against elder abuse and undue influence in the estate planning process
- Arranging your funeral and burial
The best way to protect your loved ones who are senior citizens is to make sure they have a proper estate plan. Our Maine estate planning attorneys can help ensure seniors have the right kind of protection to safeguard their assets and wealth in the twilight of their lives.
Senior Citizens are Vulnerable, Protect Them
As we age, we often need help to stay safe from fraud and elder financial abuse. Seniors also need to consider what will happen to their wealth and assets after they have left this world. Having a sound estate plan can give seniors and their families a measure of protection and peace of mind. Every person nearing or over the age of retirement should seek legal advice regarding an estate plan and discuss elder law with a Maine elder law attorney.
Still have questions about asset protection in Maine? Ask our estate planning attorneys
Don’t push back your plans for you and your family’s future. Call Jackson & MacNichol today at 207-360-8889 for a free consultation about the estate planning process. Our goal is to address all of your concerns about you and your family’s future, and to form a comprehensive estate plan. When you feel ready, you can sit down with one of your estate planning lawyers and make arrangements that will give you peace of mind for years to come.